I know, I know, I've already posted about this today, but in talking with some of you, I have two additional comments.
If you'd like to email Dave Stoddard (the district guy in charge of this boundary change), here's his email david.stoddard@jordank12.ut.us. Tell him you think it's ridiculous that if the only area affected was Butterfield Canyon, then why didn't we take their public input into account to decide which option would have been better (between B and K).
Also point out that, whatever the committee, may have made up their minds to decide, a vote for N, K, or J was definitely a vote against B. After all, the first three were basically the same. Whereas B was significantly different.
Thirdly, I have numbers given to me by the district. One of the things we look at when considering where to draw boundaries is how many kids it affects. Well, the committee must have completely forogotten that rule because option B moves 400 kids, whereras option K only moves 200. Shoudln't we affect the least number of kids possible?
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment